I wish that every human life might be pure transparent freedom - Simone de Beauvoir

Note: If this page opens on my post, A Vision of Hope, please click on the blog title, Loving The Wolf, for the latest updates.

I don't have time to update my blog very often, so please check my Twitter Feed below.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, November 4, 2008

    Vote Hope VOTE OBAMA Vote For Our Future And Our Children's Future


















    This is one of the most exciting days I have ever experienced.
    As someone who has believed for well over a year that Barack
    Obama offers the most exceptional leadership qualities in my
    lifetime, and that his election as US President would move the
    United States and the world in a sea change away from the
    policies of fear, division and darkness of the past eight years,
    the time has finally come for hope and transformation.

    I have just voted, my wife voted earlier this morning, and I
    hope that everyone eligible across this nation votes - and that
    the vast, vast majority of them vote for Obama and for a fully
    renewed and empowered Democratic House and Senate.

    We are at an extraordinary turning point in the world in many
    ways, not least the global economic crisis and the challenges of
    the global climate crisis,  but also the very different climate of
    "opposites" and war-mongering that has characterized the
    Bush administration, particularly in its response to the horrors
    of 9/11 - which, if you remember, initially earned us the genuine
    sympathy of the world, but which was turned into an excuse by
    Bush and particularly Cheney to run roughshod over individual
    freedoms and the Constitution.

    Let the election of Barack Obama today usher in a new world,
    not of pie-in-the-sky easy solutions, but of genuine, hard-thought-
    through and hard-won transformation and evolution (and may
    that word and all it represents remain a cornerstone of our
    civilization; it can coexist with all kinds of spirituality).  Let us
    move toward a more open and adaptable society that is not
    afraid of the fact that, together, we are government.

    We would not exist as a nation without the binding force of a
    federal government, and to believe that Government is "them"
    and that "we" or "us" are entirely separate from and absolved
    of the responsibility that government entails, is childlike.

    We are government.  We vote it in, we vote it out.  Without it,
    we would have no civic or social fabric.  Its precise role in our
    lives clearly evolves as we do, as evidenced most recently by
    the dramatic actions of the Bush Administration-appointed
    Federal Reserve and Treasury to rescue the world from the
    excesses of the so-called "Free Market."

    I believe the Free Market has its place; it was for the energy
    and opportunity of America that I moved here from Britain
    and became a US citizen.  But I also believe fundamentally
    that the core of a healthy society is equal opportunity for all,
    and in particular the provision of good education and healthcare
    for everyone, just as I believe that government, be it federal,
    state or local, should maintain the roads and protect citizens
    from assault and even the risk of drowning at sea or freezing
    on a remote mountaintop

    In any event, let us see what tonight and tomorrow bring.  I
    believe that they will deliver a landslide victory for Barack
    Hussein Obama and also for a Democratic Congress.  I
    believe that the nature of our times calls for such a clear
    mandate.  I believe that Barack Obama will prove to be a
    truly historic president, although like everyone he will make
    mistakes but will learn from them and grow stronger as a
    result.

    I believe that Barack Obama offers a new dawn for America,
    which may sound overblown, but never in my life have I
    felt such hope and pride in listening to and watching a
    political candidate.  He represents pretty much all the
    values that I would like our society to embrace, and I hope
    and believe that as we embrace them, we should embrace
    him, too, as a beacon of the 21st Century.

    Alexander Chow-Stuart

    No comments: