I wish that every human life might be pure transparent freedom - Simone de Beauvoir

Note: If this page opens on my post, A Vision of Hope, please click on the blog title, Loving The Wolf, for the latest updates.

I don't have time to update my blog very often, so please check my Twitter Feed below.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, February 1, 2008

    The Writers Strike - Mediabistro.com











    (From mediabistro.com, Thursday, November 8, 2007)

    Alexander Chow-Stuart has a nifty idea for all those thrown out of work by the WGA strike:

    Put on a show!

    Commenting at the indispensable
    Nikki Finke's site, he suggests that the WGA website become the new home of online entertainment:

    I'm not suggesting that we try to create an alternative to network programming (although I wish we could), but why not at the very least take some of our best people OFF the picket lines and have them do what they do best: write and create hugely enjoyable entertainment?

    I could see the SNL crew creating smart, funny, sharp sketches - or another rap video like Chris Parnell and Andy Samberg's Lazy Sunday - about the strike, about the behind-the-scenes negotiations, such as they were - and about how this strike impacts ordinary people.

    Is this genius or what?

    No comments: