I wish that every human life might be pure transparent freedom - Simone de Beauvoir

Note: If this page opens on my post, A Vision of Hope, please click on the blog title, Loving The Wolf, for the latest updates.

I don't have time to update my blog very often, so please check my Twitter Feed below.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, February 1, 2008

    Writers Strike - Los Angeles Times Comment, November 26, 2007

    (Part of a thread of comments in the Los Angeles Times about the Writers Strike)

    Dear Pragmatic Realist:

    Writers actually do more than stare at their navels, and we all greatly value teachers, nurses, doctors, truck drivers and everyone else who delivers essential services to our lives.  But writing has value, too.  Hopefully at our best we entertain and illuminate human behavior.

    We just want a tiny portion of the huge sums that all the big media moguls are confident they are going to make from the web and other future outlets.  We should all endeavor to claim our full worth - while never diminishing anyone else's.

    Submitted by: Alexander Chow-Stuart, November 26, 2007

    No comments: